|Praying for new pastors Jon Schreiner and Bob Joy|
During this year’s Celebration Sunday on November 10, Walnut Creek Church recognized two new pastors and four new deacons to help meet the needs of the growing church.
Bob Joy and Jon Schreiner were recognized as pastors, bringing the total number of Walnut Creek Church pastors up to 10.
- Bob Joy – Bob and his wife of 31 years, Jo, have been part of Walnut Creek Church since the church was planted in 1984. Bob and Jo have six children. Bob oversees the finances at Walnut Creek and attends the Johnston congregation.
- Jon Schreiner – Jon began attending Walnut Creek Church in 2002 and served for several years as the college ministries director at Drake and Grand View. Jon and his wife, Jenny, have three children and serve at the South congregation.
Four men joined 24 other men and women currently serving as Walnut Creek Church deacons.
- Steve Bjurstrom – Steve joined Walnut Creek Church in 2005. He leads worship at the Downtown congregation on Sunday mornings and is also a community group leader. Steve and his wife, Melissa, have two children.
- Ed Grotzinger – Ed began attending Walnut Creek Church in 2011 after being invited to the church during Mission to the City. He serves as a community group leader and attends the 5 p.m. Saturday service at the Downtown location.
- Tyler Johnson – Tyler has been attending Walnut Creek Church since 2007. He was part of the Walnut Creek South church plant and currently serves as a community group leader. Tyler and his wife, Chrissy, have on daughter.
- Oscar Gutierrez – Oscar and his wife, Enriqueta, have been faithfully serving with the Shalom congregation for eight years. They have two sons.